HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - getting your gun rights back after a class d felony dui
Old 12-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
I know someone who got three DUIs in three years. There last one was 2001. They have been clean for just over a year and would like to get there right to hunt with a gun back. Is this even possible in Indiana. How hard is it and how can they get the right back.
I normaly would say a felon is a felon but i am not sure that if someone has had a few duis and now has stopped drink that there is still a just cause to keep there gun rights.
What do you think.
After 8 yrs since his last dui I think he has shown signs that he can be rehabilitated. He has been sober for over a year and I think he can be mainstreamed. What are you going to do, take this guys drivers license and hunting license and fishing license and expect him to make something of his life without being a burden. Its been 8 years and he has paid his dues. I say give him another chance with certain limititations. I think we all have made some stupid decisions in life but we just didn't get caught, or at least I didn't. You grow up along the way so I say give him a chance. (Just my Judge Judy decision)

Bobby