HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Morning or evening right now? in NY
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 02:19 PM
johnandmare
Fork Horn

Default Morning or evening right now? in NY

Hey all, I am in NY, Dutchess County and have been hunting after work from about 3pm until dark. The deer come out right after shooting light, and it is getting frustrating. I just got back in after sitting from 2:30 until dark, and sure enough, right when it's just too dark to shoot, out steps a deer right in my shooting lane. I am wondering if the mornings are better right now or if I should just be happy i saw the deer. Well, actually I am VERY happy I saw it, but it seems the last 3 or 4 times out, they all know when it's just the right time where you cannot get an ethical or legal shot off The lone doe I shot this year was right at that time with just enough light left. As a matter of fact, I have shot just 3 deer in the five years I have bowhunted, 2 does and a 3 pointer that is on my wall, and they were all at the 11th hour. I was sitting in my tree stand tonight thinking I should change my call name to "11th Hour Power"
Anyway, has anyone in my part of NY been successful in the morning? I have next Thursday off and I am used to getting up at 4:30am for work anyway.
THANKS!!

Last edited by johnandmare; 12-04-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling