HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I really dont like the PA game commission
Old 12-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Screamin Steel
Typical Buck

For how many years now, have the fellas from other states listened to us b%tch and moan and told us to stop complaining about our deer mgt?......Not pointing any fingers at Wisconsin necessarily, but we told them all to be vigilant, as the same econut lobby is working in nearly every state to some degree to acomplish their goals. My condolences to WI hunters, as they appear to be the latest victims. Somewhere there must exist a happy medium between extreme wildlife and habitat diversity and good deer hunting....Hunter satisfaction just always seems to be the expendable factor in the equation. Of course, if you judge things by the maybe 100 happy, smiling hunters on the PGC trophy page each year, (as you well should, and if you don't SHAME on you), these are the golden ages and it's never been better. My family in southern 4D has hunted every day since the opener, with ZERO deer sightings...and this is on private land. Very few shots fired, and fewer deer killed in the area. Poaching seemed to be up this year, and they are blaming that, and a certain neighbor who likes to assemble a gang of guys to drive the whole damn ridge off in in-line season, property lines don't exist to him. Doesn't help when we try to reign in the doe kill there, and then his gng drops ten of them in October ML season.