HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - another ho hum season here in upstate NY
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

I surely have NO right to tell you anything. You do what you want. I will say however that no one should ever get depressed over anything having to do with hunting, and you have said twice that you are getting depressed over it. No one should need psychological counseling over something as relatively unimportant as deer hunting. In the scheme of things hunting is pastime that should be enjoyed whether we are successful or not. If you say that you can take a deer for the freezer any day, the deer are obviously there. We may not have as many deer in some years compared to others, but if you say you can take a deer any day then the deer ARE there for you. Lots of places where people don't see deer or could kill one any day they go out. I hunt in an area where I might go days without seeing any. No one ever said that hunting was supposed to be easy or that there should be more or bigger deer out there just because we would want them. That's my .02 anyway. If hunting was becoming too much of a frustration in my life I would surely hang it up and find a less upsetting pastime.