HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - getting your gun rights back after a class d felony dui
Old 12-03-2009, 09:25 AM
IndyHunter83
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
Good luck having a felony and getting your gun rights back.

There are plenty of felons out there who should have gun rights, ie their crime has nothing to do with violence or a weapon.

I 2nd the learn to shoot a bow and in your friends lifetime perhaps something will happen to allow him his gun rights back, but it sounds very bleak.

Would probably be easier for him to get pardoned than get his gun rights back.

Also sure having your gun rights in your home state reinstated would be great, but what good is going through all that trouble and then not being able to travel across this country or to another state to hunt?

Tell him to get on the NRA's back about this issue.

I have a feeling people could care less about whether or not a felon should get his gun rights back, whether right or wrong.

Personally I think it's going to take a wealthy felon to get mauled while hunting, or a victim of violence to his home/family to sue the gov't and say they're liable since they prevented him the right to protect himself and his family and of course win the case!

I wonder about all these "sexting" cases etc...if maybe they'll shed some light on this issue.
Ok... I hope I'm missunderstanding you here. You want the NRA to start backing felons having guns???