HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need help picking a trail cam
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:11 PM
voz
Fork Horn

Default my opinion

I bought a couple HCO Scoutguard cameras to replace the two Moultrie IR's I had and absolutely love them. The Moultries had awesome battery life and took good picks but in a wooded envirionment took mostly B/W pics. The ScoutGuards are tiny in comparision, take better pics IMO and battery life is about a month for 8 AA's (I've had them last longer but to play it safe I change them every month). There is no trouble switching from day/night and the cam (because of it's size) is easy to hide. The Moulties were big enough that I could carry one at a time in my back pack (w/ security box) but with the ScoutGuards I can fit both and my cordless drill in my back pack. I have metal security boxes for each which I mount to the tree with drywall screws (just to hold the box to the tree). It makes battery/card changes a breeze with no need to resight the cam. I bought my cams at beebusyoutdoors.com and I believe I paid about 200 a piece (not sure what they cost now)...well worth it. Sorry, not sure how to post pics...but you can send me an email [email protected] and I can send you some.