HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - man this is frustrating, letem walk and the neighbors shhot them.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:10 AM
nosfedgta
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the responses. Let me start out by saying this. This is a new club and the rules were written after we all joined. We also talked with 2 of the neighboring clubs and they said oh we only shoot big deer. I asked what they ment by big deer and they said well you know nice big 8's or better. We all thought we were on the same page, but to them a big eight is not what it is to us. Now 2 of the guys only hunt big deer and have killed big deer on the other club, the rest just hunt nice deer.

To the guy that said I was whining, I am not. I am just trying to get ideas, or opinions on what to do in my situation. I dont have a problem with our rules, but its hard when you pour money into something and then it benefits others. I am not mad at the other club for shooting deer. I am frustrated at the fact that they said one thing about what they shoot and did another. I have some nice deer on cam, but have not seen them. Some of the decent deer that I have on cam have been shot by the other clubs. I have about 17 diff bucks 2.5 old or better and about 20 little guys. Now of the 17 I have on cam 2 where shot by our club, The half rack we did not have on cam, and 3 where shot by the other club. There were also 2 deer that I have seen and passed that were shot by the other club, but I did not have them on cam.

In all advice and wisdom is what I was looking for, not all the bs. To the people who have access to all the LARGE areas of land to hunt good for you, but we dont have that luxury. I also know you can do it on small tracts of land as long as those suround it do it too. We have only killed 3 bucks on our club this year. A nice 3.5 8 pointer with 2 kickers, A decent 7 pointer in bow season "first buck with a bow for him", and a woman shot her first ever buck a half rack 10 pointer. We have also only killed on doe. Our buck to doe ratio is like 3 bucks to 1 doe.

Last edited by nosfedgta; 12-02-2009 at 09:15 AM.