HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - man this is frustrating, letem walk and the neighbors shhot them.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:04 PM
nosfedgta
Fork Horn

Default man this is frustrating, letem walk and the neighbors shhot them.

We hunt 700 acres in a good qdm county This is the first year we have had this lease. We are surounded by other hunting clubs. we have 700, to the west is a 1300 club, to the south is 450, to the west is 565 and on north is 150. There are also other clubs too.

We have rules that say 15in spread, 18in main beams, 8 point or better. This is the first year in the last 3 years that I have had a good place to hunt with lots of deer. Its also the first year for me to see bucks and let them walk cause I know I have bigger or camera. Im talking about good 2.5 year old deer and some 3.5 year old deer that we are letting walk.

Well Out of the 5 good bucks I have seen and let walk 3 of them have been shot by our neighbors to the west and they have shot 6 other bucks as well. Now this does not include what the other clubs have shot because I dont talk to them much. Im not mad at them for shooting, but I am begining to think that our rules are not going to work if others around us are not doing the same. They have rules that say 8 point minimum or you shoot it, you mount it.

So my question is this..... are we going aiming to high for the first year? and are just wasting our time with this because others are not going to do the same..?

any opinions from others ?