HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - first day rifle.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
jr moose 54
Fork Horn

Angry first day rifle.

hello evryone i thougth id stop in and tell you a little story about my first day of rifle season this year. it sucked. we woke up at 4 which i loved and once we got in the woods we couldnt find our stand and it was pouring down rain and the wind was blowing so we sat under a pine for two hours didnt see anything then went to the car to wait for the rain to stop. it didnt. we got back out and an hour or so later a small buck and doe came out in front of me and my dad. i scoped the buck and shot a mushroomed cap of 180 grain led into that sucker from my 30 06 and it dropped like a ton of bricks. we watched to make sure it was down but it got back up and started moving so i hit it again and it dropped once more so we got up and started walking towards it but it ran and i couldnt get another shot at it. so we assumed since it was full of led itd be lying down somewhere by where it ran. we were wrong. we searched with 3 other guys for 3 hours all over the place and that deer was nowhere to be found. were thinnking it ran off and someone else shot it, because there was a nearby shot while we were looking for it. i was not happy. but im putting that behind me because i still have alot of deer hunting to do this year. good luck to everyone else. thanks