HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First squirrel hunt....
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 03:47 PM
BlessedBeggar
Spike

Talking First squirrel hunt....

So..I went out for my first serious hunt....ever. I know..little late getting into the game, but better late than never. Anyway, as I am just now collecting gear and guns, I took what I had. I have an old Crosman 760 Pumpmaster and I picked up some .177 cal. hollow-point Crosman Premier pellets to go along with it. I headed to my local W.M.A., and hit the trails. The first hour was fruitless, but the day was too pretty to let that matter. I decided to check another section of the area, and before I could even find a place to settle in, critters were around. I settled, and waited. I heard a fella eating a nut not far from me, so I knew I jsut had to keep my eyes peeled. Soon enough, here comes a fat gray down the side of a tree less than 20 yards from me. I steady myself, raise my rifle, sight him in.....and missed. I need a scope...lol. There were several other well-intentioned missed shots as well...and I had a blast. Totally addicted. My question is this; will my setup do the job ethically? I don't plan on going for shots more than 25 to 30 yds. at best....I can use any advice you want to throw my way. Thanks to all.