HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5 Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 08:33 AM
SDarcher
Fork Horn

I guess I just love being out there watching nature. I don't have to see a buck everytime. There've been times when the only thing I've seen are a few does and some squirrels. Earlier this year I watched a squirrel go back and forth between trees, he even tried carrying an apple up the tree i was sitting in. I've had raccons, cats, & pheasants walk right by or under me. This last weekend an owl landed on a branch right above my head, that was pretty cool, he just sat there and stared at me. But, as long as I'm dressed warm enough, I could sit in the stand every day of the season I think. If it was me I would probably make the drive to go hunting, especially if its the last weekend of the season there. You'll never know till ya try. There aren't any places closer to hunt?

I had a chance at a pretty good buck this last week, but I couldn't tell exactly how big he was because he was standing in the first row of corn about 200 yards out, and I just couldn't make out what he had on top of his head for sure thanks to the corn, but when he ran off I got a pretty good look at him. I've been back every morning and evening waiting to see him again and it hasn't happened yet. But we've got a little over a week left still so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, & good luck to everyone this weekend.