HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - gonna catch crap for this post...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 08:34 PM
aaalaska
Fork Horn

Bear baiting is legal here an probably needed in most of the state to have much selection on what one shoots. The state requires a bear baiting clinic as part of the requirement to bait, and I've fulfilled the requirements.I've baited on several occasions, but have never killed a bear over bait.Just not what I had in mind ,but I've killed bears for meat small targets of opportunity,, fall berry bears. If it were illegal to bait bears here the kill would be much smaller to the determent of all prey species.Black bears are very good at what they do,I've seen them working deer in S.E. Alaska, moose in South central,sheep in Chugach park. An bears don't waste time on efforts that don't result in food. The debate over baiting will never be over but please remember ,whatever it is that trips your trigger will be viewed by some as wrong. Just how much we all are willing to give up. maybe hunting from a tree stand. Wearing camo,using a rifle, or even a newer M.L. I remember Pa was flintlock only for years. If we don't stand together we will hang alone.
Alex