HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - gonna catch crap for this post...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Muley669
Banned

Originally Posted by bigbulls
It would be a very safe bet that you, and every one else here, have used in the past or will use in the future some form of bait. For Gods sake, native Americans have used different forms of bait so don't act so holier than thou about "bait".
My problem isn't in baiting per say for bear in certain areas, it is in the proliferation of gimicks and gadgets that attempt to sway the odds in favor of the hunter. I have killed many animals with scoped rifles. This year, for what ever reason, I saw my 30/30 in the gun safe, unused for 15 years, and I pulled it out. I have no sling or scope, just carry it in my hands, and I love it. I just throw on some wooleys and a flannel and go, it's liberating. I am slowly rejecting all the "modern" equipment and tatics, and moving back to the basics. I believe in my heart that hunters are ruining the sport, not the antis. I have lost a lot of respect for the hunting community over the last few years based on what I have seen all over the country. The simplicity and beauty of the outdoors has been commercialized, and Joe Blow hunter is leading the charge, and I hate him for it.