HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wow. It IS actually possible.
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Gladius87
Spike

Default Wow. It IS actually possible.

Well, I started bow hunting in 2005, and it seemed as if I were cursed the whole time. I would go out time after time and not see deer. If I did see deer, very few would come within range or I would miss the shot. I was beginning to think It was impossible to kill a deer with a bow.

After not seeing a deer all season, I went out on the morning of November 15, and decided to sit in an old stand that my father and I built 8 years ago or so. Upon climbing into the stand, I realized that it was rotting out and was not safe. I was gonna get down (would have been the smarter idea), but decided to stay. I had a 1'x1' corner I could stand on without falling through. I saw a nice doe come out into the field right at sunrise, then saw a yearling with her. I thought they were gonna skirt the edge of the woods, out of range, but the yearling ran right toward my stand and stopped at about 15 yards. Hit her with my Rage 2 blades, and she ran about 30 yards. Felt good to finally be successful with my bow. I have a new-found sense of confidence about me.

She went about 90 pounds. Nothing real impressive, but good eating that I am proud of!
Attached Images