HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - gonna catch crap for this post...
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 04:03 PM
MJR10
Fork Horn

Knew this was coming. Almost like I threw the bait out for some of you. No pun intended! I have not hunted bear, but I would, but not over bait that I was for sure gonna have my choice to choose from.

I hunt NY. Yes they keep the deer population in control, and baiting is illegal. If it was legal I still would not be a part of it..

As far as determining the age and sex of a bear, I probably am not educated to make a statement. NY you can't shoot a bear if it is with other bear. Pretty much eliminates a sow and cubs from being taken.

I figured this post would get blown up, but I am not here to argue, but maybe get educated as to why baiting is a good thing and "needed or required" to take a free ranging animal.

The show I tuned into just left a sour taste in my mouth when someone was so happy about spooking a bear off a pile of food strategically placed by a stand only to say he wiill be back in minutes.....

Maybe it is needed is certain areas of the country, but imagine if it was legal across the country..