HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ready, Get Set, Go!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 09:02 AM
glob3006
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ready, Get Set, Go!

I would agree that there are people that are more in love with the " idea" of hunting more than they are with the actual hunt.Alot of people think that you just go to the hills, ride around for a while, shoot an animal and go home...no problem! That' s why a lot of guys go home empty handed after only a couple of days. They are not " PREPARED" to " GO HUNTING" My first year hunting (this is my 3rd) I went with a couple of " hunters" that I thought new what they were doing. WRONG! Thank God I took the advice of people on this message board like EKM,BJ and others. I learned how to SHOOT!! my rifle got myself in shape and prepared for the worst. I was the only one in camp that got an elk!!!!!!! and got it out by myself!!!!!!!WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
So ever since then I start early and prepare all summer hiking,shooting,scouting.We leave in just over a week for ML season. I guess all that is left is one final shoot and a final check of the packing list Boy! time flies when your having fun! Can' t wait! The freezer is gettin low!!

Happy Trails!!
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!