HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ARGH! Those Pesky Squirrels!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 04:17 PM
13pointjomc
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ava
Whatdaya want me to do,sing to them?!

They are difficult to shoot but maybe it's just me since you slay dem squirrels so easily!

If I sit still, and I do, I see them in the distance and I try to sneak up on them. I stalked that one for 5 minutes til I got about 30 yards from his tree. Sometimes I get lucky and they're closer to me when I'm still and sometimes not.

I have tried to read up on everything I can to be successful at squirrel hunting. Maybe it's because this is my first year? I dunno... I'm not totally frustrated yet, it's just that every time I come home empty handed, I wanna go back out and giv'em hell again the next chance I get and it starts all over again.
Pepsi on the computer screen!!!Ok,if they r 75 yards away,git ur tail out thereb4 daylight,setup about 20 yards away from where u saw the squirrels,take the 12 gauge pump with #6,(full choke preferably)so when they come out,there U will be,wait til they git within about 30-35 yards,put the bead behind his shoulder and fill his @$$ full of #6!When he falls,look around to see if theres any more squirrels around u,after u shoot the other squirrels will go into the nest,or in holes in the trees,EASE over there and git the dead squirrel,sit down and shut up!!!if another1 comes out,(most of the time it takes up to an hour for them to git over the shotgun blast,then they continue feeding)again under 35 yards,BLAST HIM!!!!!!!!!!If more come out,etc,etc,etc,til u limit out.Hope this helps,Good luck.