HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scoring my "Rob Buck"
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 AM
kill_it_n_grill_it
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys!

Here is the story. I went hunting Saturday morning and only saw a single doe that was well out of range. On my way out of the woods I pulled my SD card out of the trail cam. I hooked it up to the computer as soon as I got home and I saw a few things on it. I had pictures of one decent 6, a pictures of a very tall 10, and pictures of my parents neighbor! I was not very happy about that. So Sunday around noon I got ready and headed to my parents property. The neighbor happened to be outside and I had a little chat with him telling him that he is not supposed to be on there walking around or hunting. My dad has kicked him off of the property a few times and told him that he had no business there. So after the chat, I started my slow walk to my stand. I get back to it, and I look to my left and there is a bedded buck laying under it. I don't know if he was exhausted from breeding or what his deal was. I was about 20 yards away from him and he grunts and snorts and started getting to his feet. Since it is rut, I wasn't going to take any chances of getting charged and I shot him. It wasn't the greatest shot since I was shaking pretty bad, but it was a low lung hit. So I hightail it out of the woods and tell my mom and dad what happened. I waited at there house for about an hour then went back down there. When I found him, he was still alive but wasn't getting up. I have no idea how this was possible. So I knocked another arrow and put one right through both lungs. He expired not even a minute later. This was truely and experience I will never forget.

Here is another picture of him when I got him home. My lab Moose wasn't too sure what to think of him!

Name:  rsz_img_0320.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  97.4 KB