HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 AM
whacker
Fork Horn

Well I did it. The Hoyt Katera XL put it on one last night. Just before dark I grunt a spike in at 5:05. Pass him at 5 yrds. Hear something directly down wind in the Holly trees. Give 3 deep grunts and out pops a buck into the Oak flat from the creek bottom. I can see he has a good rack so I let him come to my left. he stops behind a Holly tree. I go full draw and he stays behind the tree for 3 minutes. Soon as he steps out I stop him, he startles stepping back and giving me a slight quartering too shot. I put the muzzy 100 grain on him at 5:08. I sit in the stand till dark. Go look where I shot and see a ton of blood. Im color blind and didn't wanna **** it up. So I back out and go back this morning with my buddy Butch. Find the arrow, its soaked. follow the blood trail and there his is 60 yards from the climber along the creek. 8 pointer not real wide but pretty tall. I'll take it. Prob post pics later
Attached Images  

Last edited by whacker; 11-18-2009 at 11:03 AM.