HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who's on the ground?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

bow hunting from the ground is on my list...but i wont be in a blind...atleast not a man made one...

i know its a rush to get that close to deer on the ground...most my rifle shots are in bow range...i just need to DO it and quit worrying about the possibility of getting busted...my big thing is early season and it being thick, deer would be on my lap in the only small opening i have and gone before i could get drawn...but with some work and such, i might be able to put together different setups more suited for it...i know in my honey hole i couldnt see hardly anything on the ground...

but i know in the mountains, id actually likely see MORE from the ground as deer can walk behind the hemlocks and i cant see them at all unless they hit one of the openings...

i might try getting agressive up there next year and hunting on the ground and calling and moving...cover some ground by days end..deer respond well to calls up there and i got alot of ground to cover...and i know being on the ground COULD be to my advantage up there...and theres lots to use for cover..even being under a hemlock would help alot...