HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer sign everywhere... yet I cant seem to find them? What gives?
Old 11-17-2009, 07:07 AM
JamesNylen
Spike

Smile Deer sign everywhere... yet I cant seem to find them? What gives?

I'm in New Hampshire and I am hunting on a family friends 26 acre plot. It is pretty brushy and has a small pond within it. I am the only one hunting it besides my father and the guy is a pretty private guy and doesnt allow anyone on his property so pressure is pretty much zero. Almost everywhere you look there are either tracks, deer dropings, scrapes, rubs on small trees. I have found a few bedding areas. I have Hunting from a tree stand overlooking the pond with lots of sign. I have hunted a open area with a ground blind. Hunted just sitting next to a stump being completely still for hours.... tried calling with bleats and grunts. Hunting from 6am-4:30pm. The guy who owns the land has said its probable just timing and I agree, but with all this sign to see nothing? What gives? Im not impatient. I love nature and seeing something without even necessarily taking it would make the hunt succesful to me. Timing? should I try anything else? I dont really want to go out in the trees to early before light as there is a mother bear that is pretty good size with two cubs living on or around the land. Thanks, James