HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lost a nice buck..need help making sense of it
Old 11-17-2009, 05:24 AM
Big6ft6
Spike

I wish I could keep looking more. However I live 2.5 hours a way from this property. I will be heading back up this weekend, but it will be opening weekend of gun season, and most of the neighboring properties will be chock full of blaze-orange clad humans in stands and will not likely allow me to wander freely across their land.

I was thinking about printing out a flyer and distributing to all the neighboring properties saying to keep an eye out for this dead buck and offering some reward for finding it.

There should be dozens of hunters walking through the surrounding properties this weekend and seems to be the best chance someone will stumble onto the deer.

What do you guys think? if you found a dead buck with a nice rack on it and an arrow wound, and knew that a neighboring hunter had lost a deer the previous weekend bowhunting, would you respond to a flyer left in your mailbox to call that neighboring hunter? Even if you had never met him before?

Or would you just cut the rack off and keep it yourself. What should the reward be to make it worth someone's time to call me if they find the deer???