HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Those new Blood Runner Broadheads by NAP
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
RyanATiffany
Fork Horn

I've only had 3 different broadheads now. First were the Hallrazors and I love them. I'd still be shooting them if I hadn't shot a doe with one and it needs resharpened, shot one at my target with the range picked wrong like an idiot and lost the whole arrow in some soft mud and tall grass and was left with 1 broadhead. Then I bought the G5s because nobody carried the hellrazors in 125g and I really didn't want to sight back in before going into the woods and the G5 and hellrazor have such a similar shape that I figured the flight wouldn't be that different. Then I shot some 100g field points and figured it didn't take much to sight back in to that and bought these. I'm hoping they work well, but the Hellrazors will be a fallback. I haven't shot the G5s as I plan on returning them tomorrow. Hopefully I can put one in a deer and take a few pictures to see what they can do. If and when I do I'll be sure to post.

One thing I kinda dig about these is they will flex a little through ribs like the Atom headsand expand again after so you won't lose as much KE breaking ribs. At least that's how it looks. They don't lock open but they will continue to cut regardless. Unlike the atom, though, you have the potential for 1.5" cut instead of just 1"

Last edited by RyanATiffany; 11-16-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Left out that last paragragh. Thought it was a valid point.