HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #6 Mourning Does Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 04:25 PM
schaffee10
Spike

Look in the sticky post above, there is one where you post your pictures for scoring.

Had an exciting opening weekend. Had a lot of action in the morning several yearlings hanging around all morning, couple small bucks and one med 6 let I let walk. The afternoon was terrible with nada. Did not go out Sun. morning but did sunday evening. After about 10 mins a nice 8pt came out, about 150 yrds out. I am comfortable at the range but thats a long shot, ended up taking it but probably shouldnt have in retrospect. I did hit the deer but hit him low, a little bit of white hair at point of impact but no blood, looked for 2 hrs and found 1 tiny spec of blood about 20 yrds away and nothing else. My opinion is I hit him low in the chest probably just grazed him and he'll be fine. I felt pretty bad afterwards but confindent he'll be fine. Going out Wed. morning still waiting on a mature doe only yearling around me so far.

My brother missed a real nice 8pt was weird because it dropped and stayed down for 5 minutes got back up and just walked away, we found no blood anywhere???? Any ideas what would cause this?