HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Southern Illinois 10
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 12:36 PM
kateraxl2381
Fork Horn

Default Southern Illinois 10

Well I finally arrowed my first buck of the year Sunday morning around 6:30 A.M. The hunt all started the night before when i sat in my climber over looking a CRP field watching 4 bucks chase this one doe. I voted to leave my stand there for the morning hoping that the hot doe would stay in the area and bring more of the surrounding bucks into the area.
The following more was very still, I could hear and see everything. around 6:15 i saw a doe run out into the field with buck after buck after buck following her, she had 6 bucks following her. They were all just out of range though (60 yards). I rattled and grunted and they didnt even acknowledge what they heard. I then grabbed my bleat call and gave 3 soft bleats and this dude started walking right for me.
He walked into the woods looked right up at me and then just turned after not seeing the doe he heard and when he did, i drew and put the hammer down. He went 40-50 yards and tipped over. Really exciting hunt, the rut is in full swing, and every hunter needs be in the woods. Its gettin' good..
Attached Images