HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa is rockin!!!
Thread: Pa is rockin!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 07:19 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by the outsider
Sproul, some areas of Clinton County are filthy with acorns, but the Hyner mountain area seems spotty or sparse. You probably spend a lot more time on Hyner mountain than I do, what's your opinion?

you are right on.i hunt drurys run near tamarack.i have yet to find acorn.i went up on summerson mtn,all kinds of acorns.same on fork hill.i have not been to hyner this year due to dad being sick.over on rt144 halls run to petes run, its loaded with acorns.

i have friend that hunts hyner mtn,clevealnd hollow. he saw 4 bucks but hunts hard almost everyday.he said doe count is real low do to dmap.acorns ARE NOT LOADED everywhere.i heard that a hollow can have acorns and 1 mile away NONE..

BEAR SIGN IS REAL HEAVY THIS YEAR.biggest area is rt144 halls run to carrier road. pgc tagged 34 bears over there.also hyner has bear sighting ,fork hill,bull run,dry run.it seems all acorns are on top this year.highest mtns have acorns,low areas ,no acorns.

terrible year for grouse and very few small turkeys.i only saw 1 grouse so far this year with toby hunting............
2 days week before bear is best to hunt bears.you can use bow on them.many hunters had 4 bears in archery range this year.i may even try bear bow thing this year.but all i am seeing ,so far are small bears, i wont shoot one unless its over 200 pds and does not have cubs.