HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Found my buck! First ever with a bow
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:19 PM
joemr1288
Fork Horn

Default Found my buck! First ever with a bow

Well I went back out this morning and searched for like 2 hours and didn't find a thing. Went and had lunch and came back around one and looked for another two hours. I ended up just for the heck of it going like 1/2 a mile away to this stream on the property and looking there. Ended up doing a huge circle around the property and was like 200 yards back from where I shot him. It ended up being a gut shot unfortunately but oh well at least I found him.

I was planning on cleaning him myself but I figured the processor would have a better idea of what meat would be good.

He ended up being a big six-point, about 16 inches wide I think. He had his G2 on the right side broke half way but it still counts as a point at least, and his sixth point on the left side is missing about an inch and a half on the end, both from fighting I would guess. Pics to follow. Oh and I shot him with an '08 Bowtech Guardian using Slick Trick Magnums-100gr. at 21 yards. And the processor guessed him to weigh around 170 lbs dressed out, so he's pretty big, and he was in full rut.

Ill upload the whole album to photobucket, let me know if you can't see them for some reason. http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv76/joemr1288/

P.S. what do you think he will score? Rough estimate, I didn't get a chance to do it before I took him to the processor, I'll do that when I get him back. I'd appreciate hearing what you guys think about him, sorry I didn't put any in the post itself, there were to many and they were to big.

Last edited by joemr1288; 11-11-2009 at 04:32 PM.