HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about a shot doe...PLEASE HELP!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Bible_Man
Nontypical Buck

Default Question about a shot doe...PLEASE HELP!

Well, I shot a doe. She was only about 6 yards from me and I was up about 25 feet. Would have liked to have waited a bit, but she got a clue I was there and raised her front right leg as if to say, "I am about to bolt!" So, I shot. She was quartering to me so I put the arrow just behind her right shoulder and inside her spine by a few inches. Here is my question, as I am not sure what to do...should I grill or fry backstraps tonight?!?

Really not much of a story here...she came in from a direction I did not expect at all, walking straight to me. I expected her to turn along the edge of the field I was hunting on, which would have given me a 15 yard broadside shot. Instead, she waltzed right into the edge of the woods where I had climbed and stopped almost right under me. She was approximately 6 yards away (about 5 yards to my left and 3 in front of me, coming to me from the left if that helps you in visualizing the angle) when I stuck her. The Muzzy (thank you TREX!) totally obliterated her right lung, just clipped the heart, as well as the stomach before exiting her belly. Ran about 60 yards through some thick, nasty stuff and crumpled! My first deer with a bow! This happened this past Friday evening at about 10 til 5...sorry I haven't posted sooner, but had to get the pics on the computer first. Forgot to get my bow in the pictures with it...hopefully this doesn't put a strike on the man card...it will not happen again! At least it wasn't a buck, nullifying my entry for the team!

So back to my question...grilled of fried? I am leaning toward grilled as of now.
Attached Images