HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (13)
Old 11-09-2009, 09:38 PM
16 point
Spike

Hey guys.......as Jason mentioned I managed to fill my tag on my trip to Kansas. I spotted this buck with a bunch of does while glassing a cut cornfield one evening. The next day I snuck in and located a tree where one of the fingers that led into the cornfield met in the center of the main draw. I waited for a morning where the wind would be blowing from the north and made my way up the draw well before daylight. At about 7:30 I spotted a deer coming down the finger, so I pulled up the binoculars and could see it was the buck from the cornfield. It looked like he was going to veer high and to the right so I gave a soft grunt with the grunt tube and he headed right for me. At about 20 yards out I drew my bow and waited for him to turn. He came another 5 yards and gave me a slight quartering to shot and I slipped the arrow in front of his shoulder and it came out perfectly behind the shoulder on the opposite side. He ran less than 20 yards and collapsed about 5 yards from my tree. A main frame 6x5 with a 8" hook on his main beam above his brow tine. I scored him at 158 6/8.