HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Hunter, Deer Season Sat. HELP!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Rugermk2
Spike

I have a 300wby mag, and I know You could drop deer with it at 600yds. It has incredible knock down power, and is big enough to take anything in north america. The only draw back is price of ammo. Weatherby factory ammo around here is anywhere from $50-$80 a box of 20 I personally would recommend a Weatherby Vanguard in Sub MOA 3shots under inch at 100yds factory, or just a plain Vanguard (3 shots under 1 1/2 inches at 100yds. They have extremely smooth actions from the factory, and have an accuracy guarantee. 300Win Mag would be my next on list ammo is pretty cheap, and its velocities are only about 200-300fps under the wby mag. As for a scope, I've had a bushnell banner on mine(300wby) for 5 months and it holds zero time and time again. You dont have to spend $500 to get a scope thats going to perform as Youd like. I would recommend a nikon, but whatever you get, make sure its mounted properly, and recheck rings(tighten) before sighting it in. Also, I sight all my rifles in at 100yds exactly, 1- 1 1/2 inches high, that way out to 300yds I can pretty much hold right on where I want to hit and know it will be there. Practice Practice Practice!!!!! Ohh and Good Luck huntin!!!!!!