HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stolen Deer
Thread: Stolen Deer
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 07:17 AM
nysmoker
Fork Horn

A few years back i was hunting on a small property opening day ,shot a nice little 13 point .. not huge by any stretch.Hit one lung and liver .Buck ran off the property on to neighbors .. wated for my wife and son to track and probably 15 minutes and 50 yards on the neighbors we came across ed a young man smiling from ear to ear with a nice 13 point buck all dressed and tagged . I congratulated him and we went back to our stands. My son and wife questioned the fact that he never fired a shot and there was only one hole in the deer and why didn't i say something . I smiled and just told them to let it go .Mid morning we walked back to the truck only to find the boy and his mom standing over said deer waiting for us . She maid him apologize for taking the deer knowing he didn't kill it because she knew he never fired a round.Gave me the tagged deer and told me the boy wouldn't be hunting the rest of the year as punishment for being unethical and a bad neighbor.No matter how much i insisted they keep the deer she would have no part of it .Tough lesson to learn at 16 but he has turned out to be a good kid .