HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - whitetail problems
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 06:26 PM
heavenlykid
Spike

Default whitetail problems

OK i scouted all summer recorded habits etc and so on i have seen deer every day on a regular basis from the start of season till the last week in October every day i had deer in shooting range. i killed a doe 3rd day of season. still seen deer everyday after that until the last week of October now I'm lucky if i see a deer a week and they never come into shooting range. they always seen to stay 100 yards or so away. i have been feeding them corn and apples for months. but now all the sudden they aren't coming in to eat anymore. however i know they are eating because the corn keeps disappearing with it all pawed out on the ground where the corn was. I'm not sure if they are feeding in the dark now or what. all in all I'm getting very aggravated that every day i could have picked a deer and kept waiting on a monster and now all the sudden i cant even get them to come any where near me. I'm careful not to leave my scent anywhere and i always make sure i never leave any traces of my being there other than my stands. i have multiple stands set up to chose from so i can switch as the wind changes. but all in all in the last 2 weeks i have seen 6 deer total and none of them ever came with in 100 yards. does any one have any clue on what i might have done to cause this????? could it be rut or pressure or ????? any help would be awesome