HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
minnesotadeer
Fork Horn

Way to go! Nice buck. Its going to be in the mid 60s for the gun opener here tomorrow. I'm headed out with my bow in the hopes that the orange army pushes some my way. Its kind of a crap shoot the next 9 days during the shotgun season. The deer get pushed around more, so I hopefully see even more, but they become more wary after this. In any case, I'm setting up in my gun season sanctuary spot in a saddle between a couple of bedding areas. I can hear them coming through the leaves when they do head my way so I try to stay all day in a well brushed in ground blind if I can. The terrain is so rolling that its hard not to get busted in a treestand. The only wildcard is that my neighbor will be to the south with his slug gun in a tripod stand a couple hundred yards to the southeast, so I hope they come by me from the west first. Good luck everyone. I'm looking forward to it. Haven't been able to get out more than once a week the past few weeks since both kids have had viruses that have been hanging on. A lot of staying home from work and catching up when I can get there which means not much time for hunting. But I feel good about this weekend!