HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lone Wolf Sit and Climb...One Year Later
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 07:58 AM
HuntingBry
Giant Nontypical

I've been seriously considering the LW and will likely buy one this year. My reasons for wanting one are they are more silent, they are more adjustable, they can be adjusted while climbing, and they are lighter.

I currently use a Summit Bullet backpacker, but never fold it flat. The stand is ridiculously comfortable, but the slightest metal on metal contact rings out through the woods and makes me cringe. Also when climbing any higher than 15 feet you usually need to adjust the stand as the tree tapers thinner and I cannot find a safe way to do this with the platform. As a result, the stand is very tight on the tree at the lower height and scrapes the bark on the way up making noise. Weight is not a huge issue, but if I'm hiking pretty far in I work up a sweat.

I will likely replace the LW seat with a Summit seat, but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for me at this point, and the silence is worth the price.