HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Attention Expandable Broadhead Experts.......
Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BetterBirddogs
I have shot a buck from 25 yards with the grim reaper. The penetration was amazing with the reaper. It wasn't a pass through though. About 3/4 of the way through. I shot a big doe from 17 yards with a rage 2 blade. The angle was steep but the rage didn't even come out the other side. These were both 100 grain heads. I normally shoot thunderhead 85 grain fixed blade heads and they pass through almost everything.

Here's my dilema. I have a rage left and was thinking about putting it on one of my girlfriends arrows so she could shoot it. If I can't get the rage to come out the other side shooting a Mathews SQ2 with 27 inch arrows at 74 lbs of draw then would it be dumb to have her shoot it out of a Bowtech Diamond shooting 25 inch arrows at 48 lbs.
Amazing penetration?? Sounds like you got poor to maybe average penetration for only a 25 and 17 yard shots shooting 74 lbs. You don't have to be an expert to figure out if 2/3s the poundage (48) of what your shooting will be enough to get good penetration when you aren't even getting pass throughs. Find her a good fixed blade (muzzy!! ). Good luck. WCL