HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)
Old 11-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

Guy's their getting bigger. Couldn't stand it today staring out my window. Decided to roll the dice and get into the woods. I began at my neighbor's backyard and ended up on the other side of my neighborhood before I picked a tree. I found a huge rub on a tree with a few others in the area. So I hopped up the best tree I could find and it really taxed my stand and my arms. I couldn't get my arms all the way around to lock them together in order to pull me up. Normally I would use my safety strap to fill in the gap but I didn't have it. Anyway, got up ther and wasn't there for more than 1/2 hour and three came running in. I was sure a buck was chasing them but it turned out the button buck was chasing the two does. Anyway, they stayed for about 15 mins and left. I rattled a little bit later and in came a 9 point. HYe was a basket rack with good mass but I let him walk. He would of only went around 115 to 120. He certainly wasn't the one who made the rubs I saw. Right towards the end, I had another deer walking in on me. It was loud and I was so sure it was a big one. My heart was going. Turns out it was a big doe and she walked right up under me and hung for 5 mins before she started to walk around and eat. Oh well. Very fun hunt, one because it was rolling the dice on an unscouted area and two rattling in the buck with the big doe tricking me in the end.

Good luck guys.