HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WI - Nice buck shot, STOP!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 03:35 PM
sportsman22
Typical Buck

Default WI - Nice buck shot, STOP!!!

UPDATE:
Deer has been retrieved this morning. Shot in lower vitals at 41 yards. Tracked it for 3/4 of a mile. Waiting on the score.

------------------------
I am an IDIOT!

I get out to my stand around 12:45pm. Climb up, hoist bow, sit. 1 minute later the 9 pointer I've been going for all season walks broadside 40 yards. I haven't even had time to put on my release!! He walks and there is a clear shot 40 yards. I took it. I hit him right behind the shoulder a few inches from the bottom of the body. I got down, checked out the arrow, had blood and fur. I thought I might have been a bit low, so I headed the opposite direction of where the deer ran to my truck.

About a hour and a half later (I AM AN IDIOT!) I start tracking. There is A LOT of blood. But I tracked him for a good 3/4 mile. With a good trail where I left off.

Don't be an idiot like me. Wait more than a freaking hour and a half to start tracking. Its been a while where I was able to take a shot at a decent wall hanger (three years) and I got too anxious.

Now I may have lost this deer, but I am going out tomorrow morning to hopefully find it.

:b ash::bas h:

Last edited by sportsman22; 11-05-2009 at 01:19 PM.