HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So what do you I do wrong when hunting?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 07:46 PM
iSnipe
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Get out there and just hunt... even if that means sitting on a log or standing leaned up against a tree.

I don't recall, but don't know if you're hunting with gun or bow. ??

If you have binoculars, use them. Raise your arms slow when you do use them. No quick movements.

If you see an ambush spot, find a thick spot nearby and sit in or behind it. You may need some snippers/pruners or a saw to do some cutting. You can sit on a regular hunting chair if you have one or sit on a bucket too. Blend yourself in, sit still, be quiet, be on high alert and enjoy the experience. Whatever you do, get out there as much as you can...and by that I don't mean the same spot over and over. LOL!

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I don't have that luck as I may sit there 15-20 times in the stand and see 1 deer which is usually about how it is.
Therein lies one of your problems. You are over-hunting that spot. I have way too many places I can possibly hunt myself. I almost never hunt the same place 5 times in one year. By now the deer have you patterned. LOL!

Good luck,

iSnipe