HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team X Factor Thread (10)
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:38 PM
MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER
Typical Buck

Its been a tuff season so far for me, from being able to hunt just part of the first day due to wedding Annv., then my mother who lives with my family and I, she had a small heart attack. and spent a week in the hospital. i think i hunted 2/3 times the first 10 days. I should have shot a doe on the first day but as she headed to PT i turned and was looking in another direction, and when i turned around to answer my Cell virb from PT telling me the Doe he saw. She saw me move and busted and ran. After that i had a shot a 40Lb fawn, couldn't do it. I set up a scrape and i hadn't seen any thing in it then yesterday i saw tracks and poooop. i didn't see anything yesterday in or around the scrape except 2 amish turkey hunters. This mourning found me up in a tree again 15 yards from this scrape. i didn't see anything until 830am when i had an amish bow hunter slip around me. then 10 min later i heard a noise from the oppisitee direction from the other hunter and i saw the buck that has been visiting my scrape. A 7 point with about a 10 spread (outside)(Monster he ha) he freshed up the other scrape that i put in yesterday. then he came by my stand at 2 yards, it was cool he had been rubbing something because he had weeds or a small tree in/ on his horns, around his base and brow tine. That made my year!!!!!!!!!

i thought about killing him??? i might regret that !!!!!!!

maybe 70 -80 inches

neat little buck