HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - K9 problem @ lease
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

I'm with stonewall on this. If it were my land, and it were a recurring problem, then I'd be out a few rounds of ammo, and the world would be minus a few straw dogs. If I could find the owner, I'd talk to him first, but what are the chances of that. Chances are that if some moron is either letting his house dogs run wild or letting his trained hunting dogs loose on your land, then chances are he didn't bother to put an ID tag on the dog so that it can be traced back to him. I would be quite frank with the guy if I found him that I will not have his dogs running wild on my property and that it is HIS responsibility to ensure his animals stay where they are suppose to be. One and only one warning. After that, if I saw them again, I never saw them again... honest!

I think about my dog in this instance. He's a good dog, but is the type to bolt off. He's done it before. I live in town, so the chances of someone shooting him are slim, but I wouldn't be angry if someone him with their car. It's not their fault, it's mine. I also suspect that if he found deer to chase, he'd chase them. If he did so on someone else's property, and they shot him, then it's MY fault. IMO, they have the right to keep my dog off their property. I'd feel bad, but I'd be the one responsible.

Mike