HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - girlfriend shot her first buck last night!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:10 PM
nosfedgta
Fork Horn

Default girlfriend shot her first buck last night!

This was an awesome hunt!!!!!!!! A friend of mine said I could hunt on his property a few weeks back. So 3 days ago I go and hunt one morning and saw a couple spikes chasing a doe. Then I notice another deer on the edge of the woods. It was a main frame 8 pointer with a kicker off his browtine. I watched him for 30 mins and then he followed the doe off into the brush. I told myself that I would do my best to get my girlfriend on that deer.

Well We went there this afternoon at about 3:30 walked down to the spot I had picked out and sat on the ground with our backs facing a steep hill. We overlooked a 1acre pond which has crab apple trees and a few red oaks on the other side. At about 5:10pm I hit the grunt a few times to see if I could get a deer to come out. At 5:20 I notice a deer come running out and stop about 120 yards. She pulls her gun up and says its a 4 pointer and says there is another deer..... she then says its a spike! Well then all of a sudden we notice a doe sneek around them and come down and jump over the fence "the propertyline" and then she says there is a 3 pointer too!! well they all kinda run around and follow the doe. The another deer comes out and is trotting towards the fence where the others crossed and she said its a buck!!! its a buck!!! He gets to the fence and I hit the grunt loud. He stops, I hit it again and wouldnt you know it he turns around and starts towards us. He is walking kinda fast and she says stop him babe!!! stop him. I bleat loud with my mouth, he stops and Booooommm I see the back legs kick and he hunches and runs into some thick stuff. I got buck fever more that she did i think!! lol

We wait 15 min go over to the spot he was standing and no blood! I go about 10 yards and I see a big puddle of red!! 10 more yards and he is piled up in a thick thorn bush!

She sees him and gets very excited and says I got him!!!!! We got to him and dragged him out to of the thick stuff and she was so excited she could not hardly talk. He was an 8 pointer with a kicker off his brow!!!!!!!

Sorry this was so long but I dont know who was more excited me or her. I was very proud of her and glad she was able to get this deer. Well here are some pics for now off my cell phone and tomm I will get up some better ones!