HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Could've arrowed him but.....
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Beezer
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NC Buck Slayer
If I only hunted just to get some meat, I would seriously have to dead broke and be living off the land to survive. .
But not everyone is like that. Some of us fill the freezer so we don't have to buy beef and can use that money for other things we enjoy. It's also healthier and more beneficial without all the crap they use to make cows bigger to slaughter and sell faster.

I love the excitement of hunting. Its not a necessity in my life. Its a leisure activity that I was raised to enjoy. I buy into the calls and attractants and gear and all the crap that goes with it because I enjoy hunting.
I'm with you on the "buying in" to everything. I can't pass one up because it may be the "one" that brings the deer in. Can't argue with you there.

To me its a sport and shooting a damn deer right out my back door aint sporting.
To you it isn't. But, not everyone feels the same way about the hunt. Honestly, I climb a tree in my climber sometimes and sleep more than I'm awake. I may miss some deer, I may not. But, when opportunity knocks I'm nocking an arrow or pulling a trigger. Not everyone "hunts" the same. To me, doghunting isn't sporting or ethical...and you can't convince me that all the adrenaline does venison any good. Even so, I'm not going to beat down those who doghunt the right way because that's their choice. Passing judgement on the legal choices of others isn't right and shouldn't be done. You "hunt" your way for your reasons, just as others do. That doesn't make their way wrong or right, just a different way.