HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent elimination clothing
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2003, 09:30 AM
benhuntin

Default RE: Scent elimination clothing

The man who wrote the article is a friend of mine that works with the same City government as I do. Mike is very intellegent and knowledgeable but he forgot to do one thing before he wrote the article. TEST IT OUT FOR HIMSELF. I did test these out over the past three years. My conclusion is they DO work at first but the effectiveness drops dramatically after the first season of use. By the second year I put mine in the closet for good. I firmly believe that these suits cannot be fully reactivated using the proposed dryer method and overtime, one to two seasons they are basically useless. Look at all the other carbon filters on the market used for various things including the military issued carbon suits. ALL are disposable. Why cant we reactivate these? The manufacturers of these carbon hunting suits dont state HOW LONG these garments are effective. For good reason. SALES.
The other manufactures of the scent reducing chemical imbedded hunting clothes state that the effectiveness is good for the life of the garment. I personally wouldnt buy another set of these carbon suits. However Ive heard some on these forums swear by them. NOt from my experience.