HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Walmart Arrows
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mauser06
so nodog, the higher the arrow price the lower the arrow weight?????? i think that was terribly phrased...or, i hope so....

my arrows aint walmart arrows but they are heavy...im having trouble making sense of your post...i dont know what arrows are on walmart shelves, but i'll almost guarentee that "walmart arrows" are not all real heavy...heck i doubt any of them are rated over 10gpi..i personally dont shoot walmart arrows...

last ones I bought were close to 12, there were a carbon composite ie heavier. They had lighter ones as well, can't remember the brand. Arrows I shoot are 9 or under. That adds up in drop and speed. If your good at ranging, no problem.

Most come full length and set to go so your shooting the arrow at it's heaviest. People who buy ready made arrows typically buy them because they don't make there own and cutting them down requires a saw so they're going to be shooting the full boat.

When I had one a few years ago I commented to my daughter that my bow could shoot any arrow well and grabed the Walmart arrow, shot from where I shoot and watched the arrow impact below the kill zone.

I like the arrows, they were well made and had an excellent camo finish to them, shot well and I could get one 24/7/365 in a place I'd likely be often.

Sure you can get lighter arrows cheaper but the lighter arrow needs to be much more consistant in spine and weight to group well, the heavier arrow does not. The requirements for the lighter arrow almost always means your going to pay more.

The Walmart arrow was a little heavier than an FMJ. Shot some last year, nice arrow but they were heavy. Too heavy for me. Brother likes the Beaman MFX. That's a great arrow but it's on the heavy side as well.

This conversation has given me something to think about, the way I'm shooting this year at game I should switch to a heavier one, can't seem to stop shooting high. For some reason I'm more invisible to game this year than ever, they come right up to me. Had a doe the other day 10 yards away looking right at me, eye level for the hunter she was sure was much farther away. She had no idea how close she was. Not used to these close shots. Missed a nice buck that day that did the same thing. Went right over his back. A Walmart arrow would've been perfect. Like being hit with a slug.