HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any moon phase junkies on here???
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 AM
kickin_buck
Nontypical Buck

I tend to take a little different approach to the moon. I have always believed that if the moon is in the air, then deer will be on their feet. However, the full moon changes everything.

According to the moon chart (http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_rstablew.pl) the moon should be rising here in Illiinois tomorrow around 4:30pm and setting just after 6am. This would lead me to believe that morning hunts would not be all that hot (however, this time of year all bets are off), which is exactly what I seen this weekend.

I hunted Friday, got to stand about 1.5 hours before light and hunted til 11am and then climbed back in around 3pm and hunted till dark. Never seen a deer until around 4:45pm.

Saturday, I hunted all day, getting to stand again about 1.5 hours before light. Never seen a deer till around 12:30pm and the action was pretty good until around 2pm. It picked back up around 4:30.

Sunday, I hunted all day again, getting to stand again about 1.5 hours before light. Never seen a deer til around 2pm and the action was pretty steady until dark.

There is my 2 cents, don't know if it was any help or not.