HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ever lost a deer to coyotes??
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Underclocked
Nontypical Buck

Many years ago, I was bowhunting in the next county south of where I now sit. I was trying to do some stalk hunting (which I was pretty good at back then). I eased out of the woods to see three large yotes eating a deer which they had obviously just taken down.

They didn't see me at first, so I started directly toward them thinking to put an arrow in one of them. The had at first been about 50 yards away and I perhaps made 5 yards toward them before they spotted me. I figured they would bolt away at the sight of me as most every other coyote I had ever encountered would have done.

But NOOOOOO!... those big boys got side by side between me and their kill and started advancing toward ME! I shouted, no effect. They were snarling and growling as if I was going to be desert.

I turned a left the opening, back into the timber from which I came, while keeping an eye over my shoulder. They didn't follow, thankfully. That old recurve didn't seem like much of a weapon all of a sudden.

Never before and never since have I seen coyotes act so fearlessly and aggressively. Put the hair on the back of my head at attention!

Did you guys read of that young woman being attacked by two coyotes in Canada just recently. She died shortly afterward from her wounds. KILL THEM ALL!