HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Walmart Arrows
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by brandonxc
well according to some people if walmart has them then remington must have rejected them. i also shoot a mossberg atr 100 .30-06 that came from walmart. and guess what it shoots every time, perfectly. its just stupid that people think their high dollar gear is what makes or breaks a successful hunt, when in all honesty it dont mean crap.
It's not like that. What you bought was a heavy arrow and when tested for straightness and spine consistancy the range is as great as allowed, whatever that is.

A heavy slower arrow will be more consistant and great if your good at ranging things. If a person wants an arrow to cover more of a range with one pin then a lighter faster arrow is needed and that means more expensive.

I'm all for your attitude about the cost of things however sometimes more expensive does mean crap.

Done it. I know what expensive as well as Walmart arrows are like. Set a bow up with both and you'll find the Walmart arrow dropping way out of the kill zone long before the more expensive arrow.

Walmart doesn't sell rejects although since Sam died I wonder. Hunting section in my local Wally world sucks anymore.