HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Vast Buck Migration ?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 03:30 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Robert, I'll try to post some more pics. We had an 8 and a 6 in the yard 3 nights ago fighting. Pretty good 8, I got my camera out and forgot to put in my chip. Pissed. They got into the woods before I got me chip. Last night I heard footsteps outside my window, looked out and 2 does walked up eating off the apple tree. 2 minutes later they take off, wait 3 seconds and a 120 class 8 pt comes bird dogging one of the does. Granted, our neighborhood is only one acre lots and we have the biggest lots around. I don't know where they come from all of a sudden. We have had a collared doe hanging around. She has cattle tags in her ears with number 113 and a transmitter around her neck. She has got to be 8 years old. Funny thing is she has no fear if humans, walks up onto the deck and has ripped down a birdfeeder we have 8 ft in the air.

I just got permission to bowhunt a one acre parcel in the area. It a rare piece of unincorporated land in our area. There are some big bucks around there as well, missed a big 8 on Tuesday. These Urban deer are still pretty tough to hunt.

I'll try to keep my camera handy when there walking through my backyard from now on.