HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ohhh man...couldn't be more disappointed
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 01:01 PM
vaclav
Fork Horn

Default ohhh man...couldn't be more disappointed

Today I went out for a nice afternoon hunt. When I got out to my makeshift ground blind (natural blind), I found a stick that I had to move, so I moved it to the side, no big deal right? Wrong. I look up and see and hear a few deer running away (about 75 yards away) with their tails looking oh so pretty. So I am sitting there debating whether or not I should stay out and see if they come back. So I decided to stay and take my chances and see if they come back. Well, they sure did. This time I saw that one was a really nice doe and what I assume to be her fawn from last year. So she starts to walk around trying to sniff me out or figure out what I was and if I was really there. She can not see me what so ever, I thought that was pretty cool. So she walks around me for what seemed like 20 mins, of course staying out of my shooting lanes (which I had a lot), then grunted twice, and boom she was gone. She came within 11 yards of me, perfect broadside but on the wrong side of my chair so I had no shot. Man I could not be more disappointed, but having that happen was so amazing, seeing and hearing her grunt to protect her fawn and their skill with the nose, it's crazy. It just makes me want to go out in the woods even more. I can't wait for tomorrow. So I guess that I have a question to go along with all of this for you more experienced guys. Should I stay in the same spot and see what happens, or should I try and move to another spot to keep them guessing?

Vaclav