HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BLACKPOWDER HELP!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 06:45 PM
DelcoJim

Default RE: BLACKPOWDER HELP!!!!

An omega is good, i just bought an encore after 3 years of watching my brother and 2 freinds with theirs, i haven' t used it yet but i am very confident i will be satisfied. i used to use a Tc thunderhawk and was very satisfied with the way it shot , but upgraded when i had a problem with cleaning, it did NOt have a breach plug and i broke off a cleaning jag , my fault, no lube.

imho most any newer gun will do a good job, but i would look for a gun with a breech plug and a 209 primer , after that it is pretty much your personal taste , my taste is stainless and synthetic stocks

another important item is bullets , my buddies and i use the TC PTX sabots in 250gr.... i was the 1st in my crowd to get into inlines , it was several years before the others got on board, and i went thru alot of different combos of bullets and powder before i got to where i was not worried at all that the gun would miss , never know about me but i was sure the gun was good

i also tried Black powder , pyrodex powder, and pyrodex pellets, my Bro settled for pyrodex powder, he likes to be precise. i went for the pyrodex pellets , i can' t see the difference, he uses 140gr . my old thunderhawk used 150 , but the book said 90 max , but i confimed with TC that for MY thunderhawk 150 was ok

in short , if you like the omega go for it , you will be happy once you get dialed in

and as for a scope , try to get one with removable mounts , not all states allow scopes , i have never had a problem with rezeroing after removal , always back to where i was before i took it off